Checking Spindle User Settings
Checking User Settings in Spindle
This article will be a brief instruction guide on how to check the user settings in Spindle are configured correctly. This can also be used to compare settings between users for new installs. You can find how to install Spindle in our guide "Installing Spindle Document Distribution
Locating the user settings
- Open Spindle Document Distribution
- Login to Spindle Document Distribution
- If you do not have the login details for this, please ask either your IT or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Navigate to "User Settings" at the bottom of the navigation menu on the left-hand side
- Ensure the user settings are configured correctly within this window
- You can also ensure that the email configuration is set to "Legacy Outlook" under "Email Settings"
If you are accessing Spindle Document Distribution to compare the settings for another user or potentially a fresh install on another PC, you will need to ensure the path to the Spindle data is configured. This can be found in the User Settings section like the above. However this information is in the "Options" section:
- The Server / Configuration is where Spindle must be pointing in order to function correctly. The Location of log files is where the logs are stored in case these are needed for diagnosis/fault finding
- Sensitive information has been redacted
- Please note that the paths shown above may differ to what is currently configured for your systems
If you require any assistance or come across any issues, please contact IT@Spectrum support at email@example.com with details of the issue and screenshots where possible.
Installing Spindle Document Distribution
Installing the Spindle Client This guide will instruct you or your IT team through the installation process for the Spindle Document Distribution software we provide for you. This contains step by step instructions to take you through each stage of ...
Prevent Spindle from Using a License
Preventing Users from claiming a Spindle license This article will describe how to stop a certain machine or user from claiming a Spindle license when they log into their PC. This can be handy for machines which require Spindle installed but do not ...
Changing Named User Assignments
Changing Named User Assignments This guide will briefly show you how to change who the named Licenses are assigned to within Therefore. You will need access to the Therefore Solution Designer as an administrator in order to make the changes to these ...
Adding an Identity In UniFLOW
Adding an Identity This guide will demonstrate how to add a new identity to a user already existing in UniFLOW. This method is mainly used for Adding PIN codes for users to be able to log in and release their prints at the copier. However, this can ...
Adding New Users to CWC
Adding new users to CWC (Workspace Collaboration) This guide will instruct you through the process of adding new users into the Workspace Collaboration (CWC) Portal, using Azure AD. This system can also link with Therefore Online so the same login ...